Sunday, November 11, 2018

Cuban Black Bean Soup 2



 Cuban Black Bean Soup

3 15oz cans of  black beans. I use Rienzi as they are very low sodium and better for you (other brands are over 400 mg sodium, Rienzi about 30) Lower your sodium, help your heart and blood pressure!
3 cups of  low sodium chicken broth or use your own or veggie broth  even.
4 garlic cloves chopped
3 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon of Cumin
1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
2 big stalks of celery chopped
2 carrots chopped
2 medium tomatoes chopped
mince a large.. really large!.. yellow onion
chopped red bell pepper
chopped yellow bell pepper
chopped green bell pepper
tsp of salt (less or more as you like)
1 orange, juiced up and add the pulp too
avocado sliced
cilantro leaves
Lime or lemon wedges

Rinse off your beans a bit
Add to pot
add bay leaves  and the orange, sliced in half.
Add rest of ingredients and cook for about an hour, stir occasionally.
When the soup is cooked to your liking remove the orange and squeeze in  the juice from the orange.
If you like chunky soup, leave as is and serve with avacado slices, sour cream, additional onions or tortilla strips and chopped cilantro.
Serve with lime slices to be squeezed as wanted over the individual bowls of soup.
If you like it more creamy you can use a hand blender to cream the soup.

3 comments:

  1. Got this one Annie. Will add to my recipes. Thanks for sharing. Now you got me singing Life Could Be A Dream all day long. I had this record in a 45 vinyl which I passed down to my sister. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby loves black beans, so maybe I will have to try this one. Sounds very interesting! I guess I need to check out your other recipes on here. I didn't realize this was up and active. Looks really inviting and tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy !
    We are getting weather that makes these hearty soups sooo comforting...
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete